Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Candy Alternatives for your Little's Easter Basket

easter basket candy alternatives
Are you on the hunt (yes, pun intended) for Easter basket fillers that

  1. will it actually get used? and...
  2. aren't chocolate bunnies?
Me too.

My kiddo will certainly get his fill of candy from other places this Easter season, so I want his basket to be filled with things he will enjoy playing with for a while, and won't find the trash can in 2.5 seconds.

This is the first year the Easter Bunny will visit our house.  We figured he didn't know or understand prior to this, but now, it can really be fun.  However, I feel like this Easter basket is all over the place.  There is no real theme to it except, "Little Man's favorite things"!  He's completely obsessed with planets, being outside, and dinosaurs.  Hopefully this fits the bill!


Here are 4 candy alternatives for your kiddo's Easter Basket


  • Rain boots I'm excited for my little one to finally get his rain boots.  He loves stomping around in puddles, so I'll be glad to have these around to save his shoes!
  • Bubble bath What kid doesn't love a surprise bubble bath?  I love the Honest Company bubble bath.  The sweet orange vanilla is my favorite scent.
  • Target Dollar Spot Your local Target can yield great results for your candy alternatives.  I grabbed a few bow ties and dino garden planters that are too adorable.  There are a ton of great options for small egg fillers...stickers and erasers!
  • Books  Like I said, our little guy is obsessed with planets.  The other day I heard him in the car, "I love you Saturn."  More books about our solar system is perfect for his Easter basket.  I found these two in the gift shop at the museum and promptly purchased them.
  • Puzzles Our little guy is also really into puzzles lately.  I love these simple Melissa & Doug puzzles as an option for the Easter basket!
candy alternatives easter basket

No comments: