Monday, February 17, 2020

LEGO-Themed Birthday Party

I'm convinced.  LEGO-themed birthday parties are awesome.  For his fifth birthday party, Little Man picked his current obsession to celebrate with his friends.  He only has eyes for LEGO these days.  That made it easy to find décor and plan for his birthday party.

We celebrate birthdays every year, but we only plan to throw parties for ages one, five, and ten.  We'll figure out the teenage years as we get closer.  That meant that this was a pretty big day.  I wanted the party to have all the things my kiddo wanted.  Going in, it was just a generic LEGO-themed party.  Two days before, our kiddo decided he wanted a LEGO Masters birthday party.  Slow down, Little Man.  Mama can't change things up that fast.  However, we came across Lego Masters tote bags at the LEGO store, and the cashiers hooked us up with tote bags to carry home party favors.

The LEGO Details


  1. We ordered our cake from my favorite local bakery, Cake Bar.  I made sure to add LEGO Minifigures as the cake decorations, per request.  
  2. The LEGO cookies were the talk of the party, made by my friend who owns Oso Sweet Cookie Co.  She does amazing work and I couldn't wait to see what she came up with for our LEGO-themed party!
  3. I kept things super simple for the party supplies, sticking with primary colors for the table cloth, plastic wear and paper plates!
  4. Our friends went home with these colorful tumbler cups with Minifigure decals, and baseplates which also served as cups for the party and table decor!
  5. Fab Everyday helped inspire me for our LEGO-themed party.  I used LEGO creations already built as decorations for the party, including a T-Rex made last year at Christmas.
  6. I also found white LEGO storage containers for the tablescape.  I wanted to include LEGO on the table in case our friends wanted to create while they ate cake!  I filled white ramekins with LEGO to keep them busy.
  7. We had a bounce house outside and it was a beautiful day, perfect to be outside!  For breaks from jumping, I put out bins of LEGO inside.  Toward the end of the party, many of the kids were ready to relax and make their own LEGO creations.
What a fun way to celebrate our Little Man on his fifth birthday!


No comments: